What To Bring On Your Private Deep Sea Fishing Trip
Chances are your trip aboard the Odyssey will be a very rewarding and exciting experience. Many factors such as the weather and the fish’s appetite are beyond our control. However, we do always make the best out of what is given to us.
- Here in Florida, the sun is a major factor during a day of fishing. Many people do not realize the intensity of the sun until it’s too late. The reflection of the sun off the water and deck of most boats tend to triple the amount of sun one gets compared to a day on land. Sunscreen is very important as well as some type of hat.
- Sunglasses are essential and polarized lenses are equally important to reduce glare. This is crucial for a person to see fish underwater.
- Lightweight, long-sleeve shirts and pants are popular sun protection as well.
- Don’t forget your camera and video equipment. The “Odyssey” has plenty of dry storage to protect your sensitive equipment. Large Ziploc bags make great waterproofing for any items you wish to stay dry during your adventure.
- Lightweight rain gear is handy for a passing shower, some spray during the ride or as another layer if you get cold.
- Footwear is also important on a boat. Shoes with good traction are essential and black sole shoes are not allowed on the vessel.
- Food and drinks are the responsibility of the charter.
- Lots of water is important to prevent dehydration.
- Alcohol in moderation is acceptable.
- No bottles or hard liquor allowed.
- If your charter takes you offshore or if you have concerns about seasickness, take one of the many types of medicines available before you depart. Follow instructions on the label closely. Taking something after you feel bad rarely succeeds in helping you feel better. Better to be safe than sorry.
For further questions, please contact us.